Sunday 2 June 2013

all change...


my little shed has undergone a bit of a transformation... my much loved vintage wallpapers have been replaced and bright blue cupboards swapped for neutral white.... I papered over the patterns in a moment of madness but I love how it looks now....



the new paper is textured anaglypta which I really love... (thrifted some years ago for 99p...I knew it would come in handy one day)





the freshly painted white cupboard has new sticky back plastic to replace the gingham inside the glass shelf...


the little shelf got a lick of paint and the suitcases were filled and stacked....
 



 ....new curtains too, made from some very fine 1960's dress fabric...I have saved some of this to make myself a dress so I can blend in to the background (sherlock holmes stylie)


having a white background means I have better backdrops for photos and although I loved all those vintage patterns, once the shed started to fill up with fabrics and things I had made it felt very cluttered and a bit claustrophobic... (note to self..hold fire with the crazy patterns when decorating until you have moved all your stuff in)


 I didn't think it was possible to love my little shed any more ... but I do and the best bit is it only took a day...some cheap wallpaper and a couple of tins of paint to transform... I wish it was this quick to do the rest of the house :)


I am hoping to spend a bit of time in there this week and work on some new things...we have one boy back at school and one at home...so I will see how that works out...


at least now I have destashed some fabrics there is room in there for another chair so maybe me and #2 can sit in there and get crafty together...



happy days :)

x x x x